We bring extensive experience as both
early stage investors and scale up executives.
Unitus Seed Fund is a part of Capria Network – a select group of leading impact fund managers in emerging markets that collaborate deeply to achieve superior results.
Capria is a global impact investment firm managing multiple funds that accelerate the flow of capital to deliver superior returns in emerging markets by:
- Providing advisory and acceleration services to impact fund managers
- Investing in early-stage businesses and impact funds around the world
- Operating the leading global network of impact fund managers
Capria is focused on delivering superior profits to investors combined with scaled social and environmental impact, with the goal of unlocking over USD $500 million in impact capital by 2021 and positively impacting the lives of millions. Capria is backed by Unitus, a pioneer in incubating financial services firms that address global problems with innovative, market-driven solutions.
Indian Private Equity & Venture Capital Association (IVCA)
Unitus Seed Fund’s latest association is becoming a member of the Indian Private Equity & Venture Capital Association (IVCA). The Indian Private Equity and Venture Capital Association (IVCA), established in 1993 and based in New Delhi, is the oldest, most influential and largest member-based national organization of its kind. It represents venture capital and private equity firms to promote the industry within India and overseas. It seeks to create a more favorable environment for private equity, venture capital investment and entrepreneurship. It is an influential forum representing the industry to governmental bodies and public authorities.
IVCA members include leading venture capital and private equity firms, institutional investors, banks, corporate advisers, accountants, lawyers and other service providers of the venture capital and private equity industry. These firms provide capital for seed ventures, early stage companies, later-stage expansion and growth equity for management buyouts/ buy-ins.
Emerging Market Private Equity Association (EMPEA)
Unitus Seed Fund is proud to have become a member of the Emerging Market Private Equity Association (EMPEA). EMPEA is the global industry association for private capital in emerging markets. An independent, non-profit organization, the association’s membership comprises 300+ firms representing institutional investors, fund managers and industry advisors who together manage more than US$5 trillion in assets across 130 countries. EMPEA’s Members share the organization’s belief that private capital is a highly suited investment strategy in emerging markets, delivering attractive long-term investment returns and promoting the sustainable growth of companies and economies. EMPEA supports its members through global authoritative intelligence, conferences, networking, education and advocacy.
Despite significant differences across regions and countries, private capital managers and investors face important common challenges and opportunities. EMPEA’s mission is to foster a vibrant and informed industry to realize investment returns and sustainable growth in emerging markets.
Unitus Seed Fund is a part of the Unitus Group, a leader in early-stage equity and debt capital market development for businesses serving low-income (base of the economic pyramid or “BoP”) populations in India, Southeast Asia, China, Africa and Latin America markets. Affiliates of the Unitus Group include:
- Unitus Equity Fund is the first commercially-funded venture fund focused on early-stage microfinance institutions. Managed by Elevar Equity.
- Patamar Capital is actively investing in early-stage businesses which create BoP livelihoods opportunities.
- Unitus Capital is the leading financial advisory firm in India focused raising capital for businesses serving BoP populations.
- Unitus Seed Fund invests in startups which create opportunities for large low-income populations in developing countries.
- Unitus Labs, a public nonprofit, incubates ventures with promising scale-up potential.
Impact Investors Council (IIC)
Unitus Seed Fund is a founding member of the Impact Investors Council (IIC), a member-based industry body that aims to catalyze the growth of the impact investing sector in India. The main objectives of IIC are:
- Impact Measurement and Standardization: Set standards for impact investing in India and function as the nodal body for impact measurement and reporting; develop impact assessment and measurement frameworks
- Research and Policy Support: Engage with policy makers to facilitate creation of a conducive policy framework for the impact investor community
- Brand Building/ Public Affairs: Strengthen the India impact sector story by disseminating information about the impact sector
Global Impact Investing Network (GIIN)
Unitus Seed Fund is a member of the Global Impact Investing Network (GIIN). The GIIN is the leading nonprofit dedicated to increasing the scale and effectiveness of impact investing. Impact investments are made into companies, organizations, and funds with the intention to generate measurable social and environmental impact alongside a financial return. Impact investments can be made in both emerging and developed markets, and target a range of returns from below market to market rate, depending upon the circumstances. Our membership signifies a commitment to deepening our engagement in the impact investing industry.
Aspen Network of Development Entrepreneurs (ANDE)
Unitus Seed Fund is also a member of the Aspen Network of Development Entrepreneurs (ANDE). ANDE is a global network of organizations that propel entrepreneurship in emerging markets. ANDE members provide critical financial, educational, and business support services to small and growing businesses (SGBs) based on the conviction that SGBs will create jobs, stimulate long-term economic growth, and produce environmental and social benefits. Our membership with ANDE connects us with global and regional networks of like-minded peers and to keep abreast of the latest activity in the impact SGB sector.